Saturday, March 7, 2009

THOUGHTS: I have never been able to master the art of yeast. I have tried every method suggested to me. "It's a no fail method", they say... FAILED AGAIN! I crave my friends cinnamon rolls, she even makes hamburger buns, now that is just wrong! My hubby says that my cinnamon rolls are delicious, as long as you eat them within the first hour.. After that he uses them as paperweights in his office. Soooo, I fall back on my simple cooking skills. I can make a MEAN rice krispy treat, with mini m&ms. They go perfect with my new cookie jar, one of my many things I like to collect.

THINGS: Chocolate Krispy Scotcheroos are always a staple at my family gatherings. Passing the recipe on to you...Delicious!

1 cup light corn syrup

1 cup sugar

1 cup peanut butter

6 cups rice krispies

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
Place corn syrup and sugar into large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter, mix well. Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. Press into 9 x 13 pan coated with cooking spray.

Melt chocolate and buttershotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal. Let stand until cool.

2 comments:

  1. mom you are a blogging machiene!

    i love the scotcheroos, you can always plan on them at the caldwell family parties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sami, I need to make them for sunday. Love, Love, mom

    ReplyDelete