Sunday, February 15, 2009

THINGS: Joys snickerdoodle recipe
(my hubbys favorite)
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter SOFTENED (Really softened)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
TOPPING: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 6 Tablespoons sugar
Cream shortening, butter and sugar. Add eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix. Roll dough into balls (heaping tablespoon) roll into cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 13-14 minutes. Sprinkle a little cinn. and sugar on top - cool on rack.
ENJOY! Better yet, package some up in a cellophane bag tied with ribbon and take some to someone.
My Uncle Mitch used to always say, " What do we live life for if it isn't to help each other along the way."
THOUGHTS: O.K. So, we all have fantasies right? Well , in my fantasy world I would have a personal cook and baker, available at my beckoned call. I can hear myself saying, " Could you please make a salad with all my favorite toppings, a homemade pizza, thin crust , green olives, pepperoni, light on the cheese and, oh yes, a slice of perfectly toasted garlic bread . For dessert, I'll have some chocolate cake, not too much frosting though, with enough left over for breakfast." That's not too much to ask is it?
I am not much of a cook, I can muster up something if I have too... Anyway, thought I would send along to you my favorite cookie recipe... well, pretty much the only cookie recipe I make.

4 comments:

  1. I've been the luck recipient of these cookies and I thought they were from some fancy schmancy bakery. They are DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing the recipe . . . and rest assured, no ones else's cookies will turn out half as perfect as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also have a pretty fantastic sugar cookie recipe! Everytime I make them (1 time a year) people want the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark said they were delicious when he was at your house on Sunday. I will have to try them and I think you should post your sugar cookie recipe if it's a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have been fortunate enough to have them brought by my house...YUMMY! And of course they were wrapped in celophane and tied with a pretty ribbon, your personal touch of love. thanks for sharing the recipe Joy!

    ReplyDelete