Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nestled Among the Best
THOUGHTS: My neighbors are very dear to me
They are always there whenever there is a need

We talk to each other and we borrow and lend
Such treasures they are, my neighbors and friends

I sing when they sing, and I laugh when they laugh
We do things for each other on the other's behalf

I share with them my worries and fears
They share with me their compassion and tears

How lonely and cheerless a place my soul would be
Without such neighbors and good friends as these

I cherish them all and take each one into my heart
Feeling love and kindness each in turn imparts.

This is a hooked rug I did some years ago. I loved doing it.

THINGS: I have always wanted to make a house quilt. This pattern is designed to use your scraps. If I knew how to scan pictures I would show you the finished quilt. HELLO! So Cute! (the book is Fig Tree Quilts-houses). My Pickles quilt group is planning a retreat in May and I thought this might be something everyone would like to make. I'll get the approval of my sister Pickles.

There are lots of pieces, but the assembly is quite simple.
1 block done, 15 more to go...



5 comments:

  1. I don't know if you wrote that poem, but it made me teary. And a blog post isn't really the most appropriate place to share all your adorations, but it is ironic because no one could be luckier than we are to live next door to you. Everyone says so, and we are fortunate enough to KNOW that it's true. You have always been so good to each of us. You are on the "favorite people" list of every family member, oldest to youngest, and with your kindness, generosity, and influence I know you will remain there no matter where life may take any of us. Thanks for loving us and being Joy.-Love always, the Carling's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty awesome poem! Now you're a poet? WOW!
    How hard would that quilt be for a beginner? Remember who you are working with! I love following your blog!
    Love Kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house rug Joy! I've made a couple with houses in them also - home is such a wonderful symbol of family life, yes? Would love to know more about your Pickle Quilt Group. Like how you got your name! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy,
    If you get the approval, I would love the pattern.. I have ALWAYS loved house quilts, I bought a pattern and kit, it is sooooo hard it has just sat in the quilt pile of (help me!!) so, if this one is as easy as it looks I would love the pattern if you can share. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your poem. And I have to say that even though we are farther away from you now, we feel even closer. Thank you for being our friend and neighbor. We love you!

    And I love your quote about spring.

    ReplyDelete