Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How does your garden grow?



















Thoughts: I have been inspired by and taught many gardening tips from my friend Kristy. She has a spectacular yard. Her neighbor next door has an equally beautiful yard. The have planted a row of espaliar fruit trees that have formed a living fence between their properties.

Things: Training espaliar trees was a technique popular in the middle ages in Europe to produce fruit inside the walls of a typical castles courtyard without interfering with the open space and to decorate walls. They are trained to grow flattened out. They are also perfect along a fence. They are smaller fruit trees yet still bear fruit.


I have planted 2, they are both apple. A cherry espalier tree is on my wish list for this summer...


Plant one at your castle.



1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. Where did you buy them? I would like to try that at my Castle :)

    ReplyDelete