Thursday, May 28, 2009

Torture Pure TortureThoughts: I have always hated shopping for jeans. Do any of you agree? Too short, too tight, to wide, too low waisted, too long, just tooo hard to find the right fit. I have discovered something worse! Swimsuit shopping! I was strongly urged by my daughter that it was time to throw away my swinsuit from the 90s and get something a little more stylish. First of all, it doesn't matter how stylish the suit was, on this 51 years old body... the thought makes me shudder.
I mustered up my courage and went to the mall. I wandered from store to store, fingering through the swimsuits. I just could not bring myself to try one on. I left empty handed. I was passing the shade store on the way to the grocery store, and convinced myself to stop and see what they had to offer. I told myself that I was just going to pick one and buy it. I stood in front of the suits, closed my eyes, pointed my finger, turned around twice, opened my eyes and took the one that I was pointing at up to the register and bought it. YES, I did it!
Once back home I tried it on. With a little lifting, tucking and rolling, it fit just fine, well, it fit good enough, especially with the oversized T-shirt over the top. I am ready to take a dip.


Things:
The best part of my trip to the mall was the stop at the SEE's candy shop. A molasses chip, a dark nougat and a milk patty can always make me feel better. I put them in my scottie dog dish , I am sure they won't be there for long
.



5 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who hates bathing suit shopping. That's why you keep them for decades. Am I the only one that has 7 layers on over my suit? I do love the See's candy store. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that it's too late (you already bought one), here is a link to a local company that was written up in the Ogden newspaper the other day. www.limericki.com They have some really cute modest suits and the prices seem reasonable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate clothes shopping period. Fo some reason I think My butt gains ten pound when I try on pants. Its like there are two cats in my pants fighting over a mouse. Sorry for the bad visual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya. I always say jean shopping and swimsuit shopping are equally miserable. Hey, I have the same top from shade! It does a pretty good job keeping the girls in the right place don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over from Mimi-Sue's place. Boy can I relate!!! My favorite quote here, "after a little tucking, lifting, and rolling, it fit just fine". Ha ha ha...at first I thought you meant the suit, then I thought about my own body and got it...she's talking about the body. : )
    I'm having a "100th" giveaway if you'd like to join in the fun. : )

    ReplyDelete