Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hoping and wishing for 33 more THOUGHTS: We're off to spend a weekend together, celebrating our 33rd anniversary.

He's the love of my life.

Our favorite spot just to be.....
THINGS: In celebration of our 33 years, I made this anniversary pillow.

My daughter-in-law made one, and I loved it, so I thought I would make one too.

The pillow is made out of wool. The circles, which represent our 3 children are made from an old orange plaid wool blanket. I freehanded the 8 (that's the day we got married). You can make a pattern out of paper, then pin it to your wool or trace it on. I used my scalloped scissors for the outside of the number, and then just whip stitched it in place, same with the circles. I got the pom-pom trim at a second hand store a few years ago. It just finishes off the pillow.

Make one for yourself and put it on your bed!

Love, joy

P.S. Notice the wedding bouquet made of silk flowers... NICE!


P.S.S. Hey Jessie, I'm sending the easter pillow to you!
Thanks everyone, I wish I could make one for each of you.





7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary my friends! Wow...33 years. Hope the weekend was fun...we need to "sisters" maybe next weekend. I am sooooo excited that cute Jessie was the big winner! Everyone needs a bit of "Joy" in their home. :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to one of the most AMAZING couples we know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!
    And HOORAY that I am the winner!!! You just made my entire week!
    Thanks Joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your anniversary! Hubby and I have a few years to go before we catch up with you, but we'll make it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time! We admire you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Have a great weekend. We love you both!
    Kathe&Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I'm sure you are back from your get away by now, but I hope you had a wonderful time together. We sure think a lot of you both!

    ReplyDelete