Monday, March 23, 2009

Carrots

THOUGHTS: People say that carrots:
make your hair curly
full of vitamin C
delicious cooked with butter & sprinkled with brown sugar
good for your eye sight
if you eat too many you'll turn orange
best dipped in ranch sauce
good source of fiber...
Carrots just give me the hiccups!

THINGS: Carrot Pineapple Bundt Cake

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 beaten eggs
1 small can crushed pineapple (8 oz)
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups oil
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups raw grated carrots
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups nuts
Mix: flour, sugar ,cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Add: pineapple juice ( from crushed pineapple), oil, eggs, and vanilla.
beat 3 minutes
Stir in: carrots, nuts, pineapple.
Bake 325 for 65 minutes. in greased and floured bundt pan. Cool 15 minutes then remove from pan.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 square cream cheese ( 8 oz), softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Beat until smooth - this makes lots of frosting ,so you could 1/2 the recipe if you would like or just spread it nice and thick - YUM!

I had this carrot cake for the first time about 20 years ago, and I have made it ever since. It is a recipe of my friends mother.

Best carrot cake I have ever had!


6 comments:

  1. Very cute fabric carrots and sounds like a great recipe. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrot cake reminds me of my grandma. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy I found your blog through Kerstin, and I laughed at your carrots, They give me the HICCUPS too!! Everytime I eat one, I have to have water near by. :0 this is Stacey, JP's mom by the way.. Hope you are doing well. My blog is stacee3k.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I ever told you you are my idol? I Love Love Love your house and your decorating, Did I mention I love it? I hope I can be like you when I grow up =)

    Ps This is Brooke (Caldwell) Darrohn, I found you from Hillary Pennock's blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll second that. It is the best carrot cake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those carrots are darling!!! Do you have a pattern?

    ReplyDelete